SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
May 15, 2012
The Board of Education of Independent School District No. 2683 met in special session on May 15, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. in the Greenbush/Middle River School in Greenbush, Minnesota.
Board members present were: Richard Churchill, Laurie Stromsodt, Shane Anderson, Carrie Jo Howard, and Shane Kilen. Members absent: Jeff Nelson and Kelly Knutson. Also present wereArlys Strandberg, Business Manager and Eldon Sparby, Principal.
Chairperson Richard Churchill called the meeting to order.
A discussion was held on the progress of the Superintendent Search Committee. Several committee members met with the Badger School Board and worked on an administrative sharing agreement between the districts. Carrie Jo Howard and Eldon Sparby presented a list of possible opportunities for the sharing arrangement:
· Financial savings for both districts
· Shared services (business office, possible teaching staff)
· More course offerings available
· Shared school calendar
· Better communications between districts
· Stronger voice in sports cooperative with sharing of Superintendent
· Staff networking possibilities
· Shared staff development opportunities
· Financial savings could allow for adding additional staff
· Improved purchasing power of school supplies, etc.
· Safety net created for both districts in the event of the sharing not working out to everyone’s satisfaction
· Provide Badger a strong advocate for their district with our district
A motion was made by C. Howard, seconded by L. Stromsodt and UC that BE IT RESOLVED that the Board of Education of District 2683 approves the recommendation of the Superintendent Search Committee to share superintendent services with the Badger School District on a 60/40 basis. The superintendent (.4 FTE) will provide services to the Greenbush-Middle River District two days per week. The Badger School District will host the contract.
Meeting adjourned. The next regular school board meeting will be May 21, 2012, at the Greenbush site.
Carrie Jo Howard, Clerk