GREENBUSH/MIDDLE RIVER SCHOOLS
Thursday, May 26, 2016
HAVE AN AWESOME SUMMER, EVERYONE!!
Graduation is this Sunday, May 29th at 2:00 p.m. Congratulations to all our seniors!!
NOTICE: The city of Greenbush will be shutting the power off on June 1st starting at 6:00 p.m. They hope to have it back on within 4 hours (around 10:00 p.m.).
ACTIVITIES FOR TODAY, THURSDAY, MAY 26TH:
• End of Quarter 4/Semester 2!!
• Graduation practice in the gym at 11:45. Seniors and band/choir members are to be there. Seniors and band/choir members are to eat at 11:15 and then go to the gym.
• Middle School dance in MR in the afternoon.
• 9th-11th Awards in the gym, 1:45.
• Baseball Section Play-in game at GB vs NCE/UH, 4:30. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students…no sports passes will be honored.
• Softball Sub Sections at LOW, 4:00. We play the winner of the NK/LOW game on Tuesday. The bus will leave GB at 12:30 (excuse at 12:20 or right after graduation practice is completed) and Badger at 12:45.
• Clay Target scoring at the Trap Club after school.
• Optional golf practice and awards at the golf course.
• Track practice for qualifiers.
The first day of boys basketball camp on June 1st will be in Badger because the electricity in Greenbush will be shut down.
A BBQ plate lunch will be served by the 6th grade class at the GB community center on Memorial Day. The cost is $5 a plate. Serving will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds go to next year’s 6th graders for their class trip.
Attention JV baseball players, if you are not on the playoff roster please turn your uniforms into Coach Bergeron today.
NOTICE: all outstanding bills for seniors need to be paid prior to graduation.
Practice for 10U and 12U softball on May 31st from 6:30-8:15. 8U begins on May 31st, 6:30-8:15.
2016 Legion baseball schedule and registration forms are available in the office. Please pick one up if you plan on playing.
Wednesday, June 1st, the Clay Busters will have their awards and fun night at the Trap Club. We start at 5pm with a Pizza Supper with awards and fun to follow! Mark your calendar!!!
Play like a Champion Summer JO letters and calendars are available on the Gator Volleyball page on the school webpage. Not all email addresses from the registration forms are working, so please check the website if you have not received the email including this info. Handouts will be given at practice on June 1.
Summer opportunity for students:
June 27 through July 1st: Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre at the Greenbush School “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.
Auditions are Monday, June 27th at 1 PM. Practices are Tuesday –Thursday, June 28-30-1 PM-5:15. Performance is Friday, July 1st at 2 PM and 6 PM. Sponsored by Greenbush Area Friends of the Library, NWRL and the Greenbush Area Community Fund.
Middle River summer rec forms have been given to elementary students. Jr. High students will find forms on the student bulletin board. Please return to the Middle River office or bring to the first practice on June 6th.
Students wishing to do the firearms safety training class online will need the following information to complete the course:
1) Go to the MN DNR web site and look up Youth Firearms Safety Training.
2) Complete the online firearms safety training course before June 18th.
3) PRINT OFF THE CERTIFICATES NEEDED. (Program will prompt you). YOU MUST BRING THE CERTIFICATES WITH YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RANGE AND FIELD DAY ON JUNE 18TH.
4) Range and Field Day will be held June 18th at the Middle River Fire Hall, 250 Hill Ave E, Middle River. Meeting will start at 9:00 a.m. sharp. A quiz will be given along with further instructions for the day.
Please contact David Gram for more information between 5:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m. His number is 218-686-9954.
Open Wrestling for the summer in Greenbush:
Open Wrestling will run for the months of June and July on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 6 pm…Coach Bergeron
Open Weight Room in Greenbush:
Starting in June, the Weight Room will be open Monday-Thursday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. for the summer.