GREENBUSH/MIDDLE RIVER SCHOOLS
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
NO SCHOOL ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH AND FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH
ACTIVITIES FOR TODAY, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH:
• Student Council activity starting at 2:30. Grades 9-12 are to go to the gym for “Hungry Hippos”!
• 9-12 GBB practice in GB.
• 7/8 GBB practice in MR.
• NO cheering practice today.
ACTIVITIES FOR FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH:
• Wrestling practice in GB, 6:00 p.m.
ACTIVITIES FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH:
• 9-12 GBB practice in GB, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• 9-12 BBB practice in GB, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
ACTIVITIES FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH:
• INCOMPLETE grades are due.
• GBB vs Northern Freeze. The 7/8 play in MR at 5:00/6:00. The C/JV/V play in GB at 5:00/6:00/V. (Badger group has 50/50)
• Community Education Painting Class in the Art Room in Greenbush, at 6:00 P.M.
• Wrestling practice in GB
• 9-12 BBB practice in GB
• 7/8 BBB practice in Badger
• Cheering practice in GB
ACTIVITIES FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST:
• Knowledge Bowl practice starts. Practices will be Tuesday’s/Thursday’s in the library from 3:15-5:30.
A reminder to the 6th grade class that the pick-up of your wreath orders is this Saturday, November 28th at 3:00 p.m. at 24385 County Road 6, Strathcona. If you cannot be there, please arrange for someone to pick up your order. Any questions please call or text Matt @ 218-689-5329. Thank you.
The seniors will be ordering their graduation cap/gowns and other items next Wednesday, December 2nd at 8:00 a.m. in Mrs. Anderson’s room. Remember your completed order form and deposit!
Mark your calendar!...BBB Supper on Thursday, December 3rd at the Gators vs. Bearcats home game: Homemade Soup, Fresh Dinner Roll, Cookie & Beverage for $5. Serving from 5-7 in the Greenbush cafeteria.
Gator Volleyball: I'm missing long sleeved uniforms from Adrianna, Brenna (and short sleeved), Emily, Johanna (and short sleeved). Get these turned in ASAP!!!!
Elementary basketball registration fee ($30) is due for the following students: Paris S. and Kai M. Please make checks payable to “Gator Elementary Basketball” and mail to: 23559 Co Rd 23, Greenbush, MN 56726.
Seniors interested in these 2-year career programs, please contact Mrs. Lieberg: Auto Body Collision, Automotive Service, Aviation, Criminal Justice, Nursing, and Welding.
Seniors pursuing an agriculture-related career can apply for the America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders scholarship through Monsanto. November 15 - February 1, 2016, can apply at: FFA.org/scholarships for a $1,500 award.
Greenbush Santa Day is Saturday, December 5th from 10:00-1:00 at the Community Center. (Sponsored by the GB Women of Today).
LOST AND FOUND:
• We have many items that have been found and turned into the office – shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Please check it out if you think something may be yours.
• A couple of rings were found in the gym…claim in the office.
HIGH SCHOOL ART EXHIBIT AT THE RIVERWALK ART GALLERY; EAST GRAND FORKS (across from Cabelas)
Nineteen of Deb Aune's high school students in Greenbush-Middle River created whimsical Calaca Dolls from found objects to celebrate the Day of the Dead. Students contributing sculptures to this exhibit are Jorden Hendrickson, Annabelle Chaplinski, Jonathan Mathews, Josh Koehmstedt, Chris Koehmstedt, Casey Ryan Gram, Callahan Stewart, Caitlin Wahl, McKenzie Lynn Berge, Emily Wicklund, Tyler Allen, Austin John Aune, Jordan Brandon, Nicholas Kaml, Shantelle Gustafson, Emily Anderson, and Kristy Raye Williamson.
A reception for the artists and teachers will be held Sunday, November 29th, from 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. at the gallery. The Northwest Minnesota Student Art Exhibit is free to the public at the Arts Council Gallery inside the River Walk Artists shop and gallery, 211 Demers Ave, located in the Riverwalk Theater Mall, East Grand Forks, MN. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Saturday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.