GREENBUSH/MIDDLE RIVER SCHOOLS
Monday, October 24th, 2016
Quote of the Day…. “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." Benjamin Franklin
We would like to invite the public to one of the three meeting to discuss the proposed operating levy that is on the November 8th ballot. The meetings will be held at the following sites.
Monday, October 24th @ 5:00pm in Greenbush music room. 7:00 pm in Middle River in the music room.
Thursday, October 27th @ 7:00pm in the Greenbush music room.
Parent teacher conferences will be held Thursday, October 27th and Tuesday, November 1st. From 3:30-7:30 at both locations.
Free College App Week! Last week of October for MnSCU schools (most Minnesota colleges except some private schools and U of M). Apply online next week to your tops picks!
ACTIVITIES FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 24th.
· Pep band tonight.
· VB section at Greenbush. GB vs. RLF @ 7:00. This is a Minnesota High School league playoff game so sports passes will not be honored. Everyone must pay. Adults $7.00. Students $5.00.
· Junior High play practice from 3:15-5:30 in the choir room.
· High School musical music practice 3:30 pm.
· Attention Wrestlers and Managers: Wrestling meeting TODAY, Monday, October 24. Coach Bergeron will meet in Greenbush at noon; Badger at 1:45; and MR between 2:30 and 2:45pm. We will discuss the upcoming season, pass out clothing orders, and pass out the Pie Fundraiser for this year.
· Oil Painting Class - Is it time to start a new hobby or get back to an old one? This class will give you the opportunity to learn the techniques used in oil painting to create a beautiful work of art. Canvas and paint may be purchased at the class. The instructor is Bernie Wilebski and the class will be held at the Art Room at GMR School in Greenbush tonight, Monday, October 24, 2016 beginning at 6:00 p.m. Class fee is $10.00.
ACTIVITIES FOR TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH.
· MR Middle School concert at 7:00 pm.
· Junior High play practice 3:15-5:30. Potluck after practice. Please remember to sign up.
· BGMR vs Fertile in Fertile. Bus will leave Badger at 3:00, Greenbush at 3:15 and Middle River at 3:40. (Cheerleaders are going with.)
· JV/J volleyball practice in GB @ 3:15-6:00.
· High School musical practice 7:30 am. Act 1 Scene 8
· High School musical practice 5:00 pm. Act 1
ACTIVITIES FOR WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26TH.
· Junior High play practice 3:15-5:15 pm.
· High School musical practice 7:30 am. Act 1 Scene 9
· High school musical practice 3:30 pm. Act 2 Scene 2, 3, 4
· JV/J volleyball practice in GB @ 3:15-5:30.
ACTIVITIES FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27TH.
· Jazz band rehearsal 11:45-12:15. Be ready to play at 11:45. If you need to eat lunch early, please do so.
ACTIVITIES FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH.
· Annual 4-H Halloween dance Friday, October 28th at the 4-H building at the Roseau County fairgrounds.
*Grades 4-7 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. and includes meal
*Grades 8-12 – 8:00-11:00 p.m. with a free movie to follow at 11:30 pm at the Roso Theater Showing “The Shallows” PG13
Spread the word and invite your friends! Cost: $10/per person.
The top 3 students for the junior division at the math contest were Ella Koebernick (23 points), Dylan Heggedal (23 points), and Sarah Stanelle (19 points). Those 3 scores were used to determine our team score and GMR ranked 11 out of 22 teams for the junior division.
The top 3 students for the senior division at the math contest were Robert Hlucny (15 points), Emily Tarala (15 points), and Shaun Waage (14 points). Those 3 scores were used to determine our team score and GMR ranked 20 out of 26 teams for the senior division.
St. Cloud rep in Greenbush library TODAY from 2:00-3:00 pm.
GMR 6th graders are selling fresh balsam wreaths, crosses and swags to fund their Minnesota History class trip to St. Paul in May. See any 6th grader to order or contact Mara Gust. Orders will arrive before Thanksgiving. Thanks for your support!
Custom BGMR Scentsy warmers! 1 Large Custom Warmer + 1 Wax Bar + gift bag for only $35. Proceeds benefit the 6th grade class trip! Order yours directly at bit.ly/GMRscentsy. Thanks for your support! Questions please contact Stacy Reese or Mara Gust.
Students/Parents interested in the 2018 Dublin/London/Paris trip: Reminder that EF has opened up enrollment for the trip and will offer a $200 discount through October 23. Check Mrs. Lieberg's Website for enrollment information.
Equipment turn-in for 7th and 8th grader will be TODAY, Monday, October 24th after school. After we turn in equipment we will go eat at the cafe uptown. Please bring $10. That will get you a CB, FF, and pop.
Those Close-Up members who would like to work the Greenbush Legion Supper on November 11th should sign up on the concession board in Mr. Christian’s room.
Close-Up pizzas will be in on November 3rd at 3:06. You must have someone here to pick them up. We will also need to sort them.
Attention Wrestlers and Managers: Wrestling meeting TODAY, Monday, October 24. Coach Bergeron will meet in Greenbush at noon; Badger at 1:45; and MR between 2:30 and 2:45pm. We will discuss the upcoming season, pass out clothing orders, and pass out the Pie Fundraiser for this year.
9TH GRADERS: The fall Driver’s Ed class will begin TODAY Monday, October 24th at 3:15 in Mr. Janicke’s room. The $200.00 fee must be paid before the 1st day of class. Mr. Neibauer also requires you to read the 1st 3 chapters and do the questions at the end of each chapter BEFORE the 1st day of class. Books can be picked up in the office. Those who need to pay are Bailey M.