GREENBUSH/MIDDLE RIVER SCHOOLS
Thursday, October 8, 2015
NO SCHOOL on Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th
ACTIVITIES FOR TODAY, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8TH:
• 7/8 football at LOW. The 8th plays 1st at 5:00 followed by the 7th grade. The bus will leave MR at 2:15, GB at 2:45 and Badger at 3:00.
• V football at Blackduck, 7:00 (note the JV game was cancelled). The bus will leave Badger at 2:00, GB at 2:15 (excuse at 2:05) and MR at 2:45.
• Musical practice – Minor roles, 3:30-4:30; Major roles, 3:30-6:00.
• JV/V volleyball practice in GB.
• C volleyball practice in MR…(ride with Coach Koebernick)
• Black volleyball practice in Badger…(ride with Denise Allen on the Badger practice shuttle)
• NO Green volleyball practice today.
ACTIVITIES FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9TH:
• MENU CHANGE…we will be having Chicken Pot Pie on Friday instead of Chicken Quesadilla's .
• Black/Green volleyball vs RLCC in MR, 5:00/6:00.
• Gator Volleyball Players: The Great American Opportunities fundraiser arrive. Please make arrangements to have your order picked up as it's frozen goods and get orders delivered ASAP.
• MIDQUARTER. To be eligible for extra-curricular activities, students must be passing all classes and not be missing any work.
• Last day for juniors to sign up and pay the $14 to take the PSAT test.
ACTIVITIES FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10TH:
• 7/8 volleyball tourney at Hallock, 9:00. The bus will leave MR at 6:50, Badger at 7:30 and GB at 7:45.
• C volleyball tourney at GB, 9:00.
ACTIVITIES FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 12TH:
• Volleyball vs Goodridge/Grygla. The Black/Green play in MR at 5:00/6:00. The C/JV/V play in GB at 5:00/6:15/V. It’s DIG PINK Night!!
ACTIVITIES FOR TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13TH:
• Greenbush Elementary Fall concert, 9:00 a.m.
• NCTC rep in the library, 8:30.
• St Cloud State University rep in the library, 10:00.
• 7th/8th football will be turning in ALL football equipment. Make sure you have it all or you will be billed. Don't forget to bring $10.00 for burgers, fries, and a pop.
• Football Section Finals at tba.
ACTIVITIES FOR WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14TH:
• PSAT test for some juniors at Blessed Sacrament Church, 8:30-12:00.
• Rainy River College rep in the library, 1:00.
• Attention Wrestlers, Managers and Cheerleaders: We will be having a wrestling meeting to discuss clothing orders, our fundraiser and the upcoming season. The meetings will be held at noon in Greenbush, 1:45 pm in Badger and between 2:30 and 2:45 in Middle River. Thanks, Coach Bergeron
• Volleyball at Roseau. The Black/Green/C/JV/V will play at 5:00/6:00/5:00/6:00/V.
Attention…if you earned a “Letter Certificate” last spring but only got a paper copy – we now have the actual letter certificate. Stop in the office to pick one up if needed.
UNDERGROUND CHURCH is this Sunday, October 11th at United Free Lutheran Church in GB. This is for grades 7-12 and it runs from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Liability forms are available in the offices in GB, MR and Badger schools.
The Gator Volleyball Team is "FEARLESSLY" raising awareness for breast cancer during October, and we cordially invite you to attend our annual “Think Pink” home game Monday, October 12 vs Grygla-Goodridge. Proceeds from the supper, basket raffles, donut/cupcake sales, and t shirts will be donated to the LifeCare Dig Pink Fund.
Driver’s Ed will be starting on Monday, October 19th after school. The cost is $200 and must be paid before you go to class. Pick up a book in the office and read the 1st 3 chapters and do the questions at the end of each chapter when you come to class on the 19th.
October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month and the senior class is putting on the Buddy Walk in honor of their classmate, Shanoah, on Sunday October 18 at 2:00 PM at the Shanoah Park. If you would like to make a donation, please give to Julia or Bridget Stenberg before then. If you would like a shirt we need $15 & size today.
Celebrate National 4-H Week Oct 4-10! 4-H is a positive youth development and mentoring organization. If interested in joining, the Grass Lake club is meeting Friday Oct 9th at 6pm at the Greenbush Community Center – contact Trish Waage or Anita Locken. Green Acres 4-H club is meeting Sunday, Oct 11th at 3pm at the Garner Eeg farm – contact Sharla Kilen or Sara Eeg. For more information check out: extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/
Juniors: If you want to take the optional PSAT exam on Wednesday, October 14, you need to sign up and pay $14 by tomorrow, Friday, October 9. This is an optional standardized test. It is not a test used in area colleges, but if plan to go directly to a four-year college after high school and want a practice test and the information you receive, this is an opportunity for you. Sign up and pay Karyl in the office and pick up your booklet at the same time. Direct any questions to Mrs. Lieberg.
Juniors: The Minnesota House of Representatives is offering their annual High School Page Program. Those accepted as a page will spend one week at the capitol during the session, running from March 14 - May 13. Information can be found at:
http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/edprog/introletter.asp Applications must be received by December 4, 2015.
The City of Greenbush is seeking individuals interested in being a lifeguard at the swimming pool the summer of 2016. All lifeguards will need to complete the following certifications before the pool opens:
• American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard Training (at least 15)
• ARC Water Safety Instructor Training (everyone over 16)
• ARC Standard First Aid or American Heart Association (AHA) First Aide (at least 15)
• ARC CPR, and/or AHA CRP Level “C” (at least 15)
Please contact the City Office at 782-2570 to get information on training opportunities.
Math League practices are Mondays after school until about 4:30 and Thursdays before school starting at 7:15.
FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meets Wednesday’s from 8:00-8:15 a.m. in the Gathering Room…join us!
FCCLA members are selling Yankee Candles. If you would like to buy one contact a FCCLA member both in the Jr. and Sr. High.