Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Please join us for Dig Pink night October 2 against Roseau. To honor survivors, please purchase a “Working for a Cure” t-shirt available on the Gator volleyball website or at the school offices or wear pink/construction yellow to the event. Proceeds from T-shirt sales, supper, cupcake sales, raffles, etc… will be donated to the LifeCare Think Pink Fund. Checks for the shirt can be made payable to Gator Volleyball and turn in orders to Nelson Ink or the school offices. Orders are due September 22nd. NO LATE ORDERS will be accepted.
The Homecoming game is on Friday, September 26th with coronation during ½ time of the football game. Dress Up Week will be September 29th – October 3rd. The dance will be on Saturday, October 4th.
NOTICE TO BGMR SPORTS FANS…For the most up-to-date schedule of sporting events check out the Gator Athletic Schedules on the GMR School website. You can also sign up to be notified of any sport changes. Call Cheryl if you have questions!
The 10th annual Shanoah's Buddy Walk will be held on Sunday, October 5th starting at 3:00 pm at Shanoah Park in Greenbush. Registration will begin at 2:30 pm. This year we are dedicating the walk to YOU, the community of supporters. You were here for us when we started this journey and you have helped us all along the way and for that we are forever grateful. If you would like a t-shirt ($20) please let Alisha Mooney know by September 17th. You can continue to get donations, but we need sizes so we can make the order deadline. Please help us make this the biggest and best buddy walk we have had! Order forms can be put in Alisha's mailbox in the office or given to her personally. Thank you for your support!
Ping Pong Pictures will be on Wednesday, September 17th in Middle River and on Thursday, September 18th in GB. Extra order forms are available in the office.
The weight room is now open on Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 6:30 a.m.
The Sports Trainer will be here on Tuesday’s. Sign up in the office if you need to see her. We will post the schedule on the bulletin board and give you a pass on Tuesday morning. “YOU” will be responsible for checking your time and coming to your appt.
'0' Hour Mondays - Choir
Tuesday - Chamber Choir
Wednesday - Band
Thursday - Jazz Band
Friday - Choir
Congratulations to the 2016 class officers. President - Julia Stenberg, Vice-President - Chase Anderson, Secretary - Adrianna Horien, Treasurer - Brady Kilen
You are eligible to apply for the Minnesota House of Representatives Page Program. If accepted, you will be working at the Capitol for one week for the House of Representatives. Go to: www.house.leg.state.mn.us/edprog/app.pdf and talk to Mrs. Lieberg. Deadline for applications is November 21!
The Northwestern Manufacturers Association is sponsoring an essay contest for a $500 prize. Write a 500 word or less essay that answers this question: What do you feel is manufacturing's biggest impact on your county? Turn in essays to Mrs. Lieberg before FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2014!
Seniors & Parents: FREE COLLEGE APPLICATION WEEK is October 27-31! Mark your calendars and decide what your top schools are. Remember, you can apply to more than one college and make your final decision later! Go to the "For Seniors" page on my website for a listing of participating schools and other pertinent information. Lists are posted around the school as well.
College reps in the library:
• St Cloud State University on Wednesday, September 17th at 8:45
• Bemidji State University on Tuesday, September 23rd at 9:45
• U of MN, Morris on Wednesday, September 24th at 2:30
• UND on Tuesday, October 14th at 2:45
• Rainy River on Monday, October 27th at 1:00
• Itasca Community College on Monday, November 24th at 2:30
The JH football and volleyball teams will be taking team pictures on Wednesday after school in MR.
The cheerleaders will take their Memory Mate pictures on Thursday, September 25th in GB after school.
The MECA Sportswear rep will be here on Friday, September 26th from 7:45-8:30 a.m. in the office conference room to take letterman jacket orders. Bring any patches you would like sewn on with you when you order. A $100.00 deposit is required.
Practices for today:
• Football in GB
• Cheering in GB
Practices for Wednesday:
• JV/V volleyball in GB
• C volleyball in Badger (ride with Coach K)
• Black/Green volleyball in MR for pictures (ride to & from MR with Pat)
• JH football in MR for pictures (ride to & from MR with Pat)
• Football in GB
Activities for today:
• Volleyball at Warroad. The Black/Green/C/JV/V will play at 4:30 (and a 2nd game at 5:30)/4:30/4:30/6:00/V. The 1st bus will leave MR at 2:15, GB at 2:45 (excuse at 2:35) and Badger at 3:00. The 2nd bus will leave GB at 4:30 and Badger at 4:45.
Activities for Thursday, September 18th:
• 8/7 football at SAC (Argyle), 4:30/5:30. The bus will leave Badger at 2:45 and MR at 3:15
• 9th football at Roseau, 5:00. The bus will leave GB at 4:00 and Badger at 4:15.
• Volleyball at WAO. The black/green/C/JV/V will play at 5:00/6:00/5:00/6:00/V. (KTRF will be broadcasting.) The 1st bus will leave Badger at 2:45, GB at 3:00 (excuse at 2:50) and MR at 3:30. The 2nd bus will leave Badger at 3:45, GB at 4:00 and MR at 4:30.
Activities for Friday, September 19th:
• Football vs RLCC at Badger, 7:00. (Pep Band; KTRF will be broadcasting)
Elementary softball practice will be held on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s through September 25th.
Elementary football practices are on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s.