· Locate reliable and relevant sources online and within the university library databases.
Drafting and Editing/Revising Phases:
· Support the thesis statement by providing credible evidence and selecting the combination of appropriate methods for paragraph development with an awareness of audience, context, and purpose.
· Collaborate, using peer review, to give, receive, and evaluate feedback.
Lit 1005 Course Description: Students will study major forms of literature from various cultures and historical periods. They will develop an informed, personal response to literature and interpretive skills required for an appreciation of literature as they explore different genres.
Lit. 1005-Introduction to Literature Outcomes
Outcomes: To expand students’ knowledge of the human condition and human cultures, especially in relation to behavior, ideas, and values expressed in works of human imagination and thought. To increases students’ understanding of the growing interdependence of nations and peoples and develop their ability to apply a comparative perspective to cross-cultural social, economic, and political experiences. Through study in the discipline of literature, students will engage in critical analysis, form aesthetic judgments, and develop an appreciation of the arts and humanities as fundamental to the health and survival of any society. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities;
2. Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within an historical and social context;
3. Describe and analyze political, economic, and cultural elements which influence relations of states and societies in their historical and contemporary dimensions;
4. Demonstrate knowledge of cultural, social, and religious differences;
5. Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities;
6. Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities;
7. Understand the role of a world citizen and the responsibility world citizens share for their common global future.